Sunday, March 15, 2015

Easter Church Tag

I finally got to play along with a Tag You're It Challenge!  It's been awhile, but I was inspired by this unique and springy sample by winning designer, Gayatri Murali!




I used my brand new PTI Petite Places: Church die set.  It's been sitting on my desk just waiting for me to get my first chance!


I cut 3 churches from PTI white cardstock and glued them together, then added one cut from PTI's new white linen cardstock for the top church.  

I wanted to do a layered look like on Gayatri's card, so I cut the church from the middle of the tag, and backed it with Sweet Blush cardstock.  When I adhered the church, I just moved it a bit lower so that some of the pink edge would show around the steeple.  I added a mini die cut heart (it's the heart inside the "Love Lives Here" butterfly die :))  I loved Laura's little white church from the February festivities here.


I stamped a flower from the Loves Lives Here set, and leaves and dots from Green Thumb and Polka Dot Basic.  The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps "Spring Baskets" set.The little hills are cut with Lawn Fawn's "Stitched Hills" dies, and the flowers are bedazzled with Stickles and mini pearls.

So much fun! Thanks to the design team and guest Gayatri for your beautiful samples to inspire us this week!

12 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this, what a clever use of the petite places-- I keep looking at this adorable jars and thinking, "I'm never going to make those", but tags... now you've got me thinking. Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

Sigh...I just love this. Kelly this tag is oozing with spring, so pretty!! I'm waiting for the little church to come back in stock, hope it's SOON!!

Sharron said...

Oh, this is so sweet! The church is perfect for your tag and I love that paper! I didn't order from PTI at all this month. I was hoping to get the Sweet Shoppe plus last month's church, etc. but they are still OOS!

donna mikasa said...

Adorable little tag--love the church scene! Thanks so much for joining us at Tag You're It!

Kara Lynne said...

I was looking at the Tag Your It and saw your sweet tag! I have that little church so of course I had to pin this!

Nancy Thomas said...

What a sweet and springlike card. That tiny church is just adorable.

Tracey McNeely said...

Kelly your tag is absolutely adorable! Thank you for sharing at Tag You're It!

Nancy Penir said...

Kelly, I'm so glad you played along this week, cuz that tag is precious! And going into my, 'treasures of paper' keepers! Oh that sweet popped up and popped out church!

anja curvers said...

This is so, so adorable really love it. Thank you so much for joining us over at TAG you're it.

Marybeth said...

Look at you! You have been posting and I've missed them,sorry. Oh my gosh this is darling! lol e this tag!
Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It!

Jeanne J. said...

Cutest tag ever! I think this is my FAVE! Love that you kept it a tag, but still were inspired by the pop out design. The clean die cuts and pretty flowers are amazing together!

Michelle said...

CONGRATS! Your winning tag is just so cute... adorable tiny pearls, great layering, lovely pinks/greens - beautiful!