Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sunshine and Sprinkles

I wanted to play around with my new "Blue Skies" set from Papertrey Ink's anniversary release. Such a fun set with endless combinations for any occasion!

I'm up to my third shaker now...


I used one of my favorite paper pads, Echo Park's "Splendid Sunshine"...bet you can see why!  AND yellow just happens to be my favorite color, so I double love this card.

I have hoarded the rainbow sprinkles since I got the original Shakers & Sprinkles kit.  My daughter Claire always asks me..."When are you going to even USE these?" as she holds the little beaker and shakes them around, and  I "GULP" because I'm secretly scared she'll spill them and then I'll have an adult temper tantrum!


I made my shaker using circle Nesties and clear cardstock.  I ended up stacking it 4 layers high because I made a bit of a mistake while layering!  The hardest part while making this card...waiting for the Glossy Accents to dry on the cherry.  I wrecked three before letting it dry overnight!

PS...the only thing kind of sprinkles in our forecast, MORE snow.  3-5 inches before it warms up to maybe 30-40 degrees this week for two days.  People will seriously bust out their shorts, I guarantee!

5 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Super cute Kelly!

Sharron said...

Really sweet, Kelly! Love the shaker! The blue & yellow are such happy colors and the gingham makes a great background.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is a seriously cute shaker card! I'm totally loving the starburst around the shaker!

Marybeth said...

Love the sprinkles on this one!

Jill Norwood said...

So adorable Kelly!!!!! You always inspire! Love that gingham paper!